Change layout

This topic is 7622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi There,

Originally I specified a particular layout within my FM database, and all connections, etc worked fine. Then I had a rethink and created a new FM layout with the same name as the previous layout (which I renamed ...DNU). Interestingly enough the web companion continued connecting to the old layout which I no longer used!

This is not a problem for me anymore as I have gone back to the original layout, called it web, and dumped most fields on it to avoid problems. But I am curious to know why I couldn't change layouts and re-direct the WC to the new layout.

I think it is because WC doesn't use the name, but the layout id, but I'm curious to see what other people have come across. Also if it does use the layout id, how do you specify that.

More just a general interest question than anything else.

Cheers, Peter.

Hi Peter!

I am with you on the curriosity part...but why not just call the layout something else: web vs. web_new...change the code and carry on.

"Interestingly enough the web companion continued connecting to the old layout which I no longer used!"

no longer used means: deleted???

- also, "re-starting the web server" (or FM itself) should re-initailize the layout changes

all the best!

This topic is 7622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.