Yet another OS X Issue

This topic is 7583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not only is OS X Server completely un-stable, reproducing issues to test work arounds is nearly impossible.

Server has now taken to crashing sporadically when backing up to a fire wire drive. Well at least it produces a concatenated crash log with stack dump info called:

fmservd.crash.log. I guess FMI left debug info on in this release.

i've had the 5.5v2 installed for awhile now. I've considered a complete wipe/clean O.S. and FM re-install, since when we first started it was fine. But I have a sneaking suspicion it aint gonna help and may even hurt a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I have a couple implementations of OS X Server that are completely stable. After an electrical storm, I had an implementation wig-out on me... I wiped it clean and re-installed... all is operating flawlessly again.

Oh, and I run FMS and FMP on my OS X Server all the time... and periodically do the also-unthinkable and use the OS X Server machine to run things like Word, Dreamweaver, etc. No problems as of yet due to such multi-use.

So, my experience might suggest a wipe and re-install could work wonders for you.

This topic is 7583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.