FMPro.exe has generated errors and will be closed

jefferyp

This topic is 7031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am having a problem with FMP crashing and showing an error message that says "FileMaker Pro.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." I do most of my development of a copyrighted database program on a Mac though I do test and troubleshoot on a PC. All of my clients use this database on windows platforms. Several times clients have sent me a copy of their DB that is getting this message and I can not duplicate it on the Mac though it does happen on my PC. I have found one cause for this problem which is the existance of a graphic on a layout that is not within a container field. I have also experienced this error message when running a script that contains an external script that creates a new related record in the related table. When testing this on a Mac it works fine though the same database files crash on a PC. Does anyone have any suggestions or advise or has even seen this problem before??

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

Experiencing the same problem adding a new line in an "Order"database.The knob "new line" in the "Order"-database activates a script that activates an external script in an external database. Ther it adds a new record in the "OrderLines"-database. The error message as you describes occus a lot of times. The whole Filemaker FP6 application shuts down, not saving the last information.

Did you find a solution eventually?

Best Regards,

Jacco

• 1 month later...

This topic is 7031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.