Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Plug-in problem/want to reinstall it.

This topic is 7618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Okay, I installed this SMTPit plug-in and registerd it as well. Well, the thing is that is says it's diabled after 45min because I need to register it. Since I already registerd it I don't get that option(the register button) anymore to re-register. Then I thought I just reinstall it but it made another entry in the plug-in dialog box. How can I uninstall the plug-in fresh so I can reinstall it?

Thank you,

Jaser

Steve has brought up a good point.

Restart FileMaker. Go Edit/Preferences/Application/Plugins (or FileMaker/Preferences/Application/Plugins on OS10). When you go to configure SMTPit, does the splash screen say "unregistered copy" under the version number?

To remove plug-ins, you have to remove them from the System folder in your FM directory.

Altho what Ken says may be necessary, that's not what I was talking about. I use 2 Troi plugins, and they both require a 'GetVersion' (maybe because they are developer versions where I pass the license #) call to prevent his nag screen from appearing.

Steve

Yes we are talking about 2 separate things. If the product was registered, then it would be good to call the version number. I have noticed this problem even with non-Troi plug-ins (SMTPit being one plug-in that doesn't always work when called).

What I was saying is that if the product was really not registered, then when you click Configure in the plug-in dialog after restarting FMPro, a splash screen would come up saying that the product was unregistered.

Ken

This topic is 7618 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.