Server Maintenance This Week. ×

DYMO LabelWriter

This topic is 7156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

can anyone can tell me if i can dowload templetes from anywhere to use with the DYMO lablewriter printer in filemaker pro when I create a new layout report for lables? I have tried the custom one but I still can't get it right...any ideas?

RET

• 2 weeks later...

Create a new layout, then go to "Layout setup..."

Check the option to "Print in 1 columns" (make sure it is "1")

This will allow you to resize the active portion of the layout to equal the width of the label, and makes it easier to design the layout.

Also check the option to fix page margins. You might as well set each of the page margins to zero to keep things simple, though you'll have to be sure you don't put anything too close to the edge of the layout.

If you don't do this then the page margins will change depending on the active print driver. Since you want precise control over the layout, you want them fixed.

Added: Also delete the header/footer sections, so only the body remains. Resize the body to the size of the label.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking about buying a Dymo 330 Turbo to print pricelabels with barcodes and text.

Want to use it with MacOS X.

I'm curious if it anybody has experience with this model, it's durability, if the drivers are well written, and if printersharing works with it.

Any input welcome!

Regards,

Ernst.

I'm using a 320 for testing and it works just fine. I believe the OS X drivers are the same for all models. I would not choose anything less than the 330 Turbo if I was actually using it on a regular basis... even the 320 is quite slow.

Good question re printer sharing... I haven't tried.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for letting me know your experience with the 320.

One more question, I suppose the printer just appears in 'Print Center.app'?

(as opposed to the Brother labelprinter that seems to print only from it's own cheesy application...)

Regards,

Ernst.

We've used the 300 and the 330, and the 330 is a vast improvement. It is constructed better and seems faster. We've had problems with both models though when it comes to the idiotic button on the front, which in any kind of industrial usage tends to break off. In 23 months we've had one LabelWriter 300 die on us out of a total of six - and this is in a pair of factories where the things pump out around 200 labels a day. As far as a cheap label printer which can take a beating, it is the way to go.

We use them in Win 98 & Mac 9, so I can't say anything about OSX drivers.

-Stanley.

Yep, it shows up in print center. You'll probably need to download the driver for this. Out of the box it probably still only comes with OS 9 support.

The sweet thing about print center is that you can AppleScript it. So if you don't print labels often, you can set it up to change to the LabelWriter before printing a label, then change back immediately after. Look for my posts in the AppleScript forum and you'll find a thread on the topic.

• 6 months later...
  • Newbies

Hey Jason

You were writing something about setting up the page margins. Now, I new to this, and just did a search on Google for Dymo Labelwriter 320 and found this page, so I'm not sure what FileMaker is. But since you were talking about page margins, then I was wondering if you meant the page margin in Internet Explorer. I'm dieing to find a place to setup the pagemargins in IE, so that they stay there, and so that the users who shall use the Dymo, shall not manually change the margins each time.

-Nad

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This topic is 7156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.