Server Maintenance This Week. ×

symbols for finds in scripts

This topic is 8646 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i've been using FM5 for around a month, it's my first shot with FM, and i've run into the same problem twice. In find mode, you are allowed to use symbols (< , > , ... , etc.) and that's great and all, but is there a way to do that from performing a find in a script. The first time was for a range, and i decided it would be faster for me to just do it in find mode, but the second time was to help surlyb with his/her(sorry) problem with the Alert Timed Script post. i think the solution for that post would be fairly simple if what i am asking is possible.

Any thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

use the "Enter Find Mode" step in a script, then "Set Field." Use the specify button and write your search criteria using the symbols. Repeat that last step for each field you want to search. Then use "Perform Find" with restore turned off. Hope that works.

• 3 weeks later...

I manage the same thing with the "Paste Literal" script command. One significant difference is that the Paste Literal step only works if the fild is on the current layout. In this case set Field is probably better because it is more portable and independent. I just never though of it whan I did my scripts.

Which will work depends upon what type of field the find is scripted for. Dates are the most difficult. To find a date range, use global fields gDate1 and gDate2. Enter find mode, Paste Result for gDate1 (only global fields data can be accessed in find mode), Paste Literal "...", Paste Result for gDate2, and then Perform Find. -bd

This topic is 8646 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.