HELP - utterly frustrated right now........

macaroni

This topic is 7571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am utterly frustrated right now. I have 2 databases, I export one database to an html file named "notes.html" using XSLT and the resulting html file turns out fine. The second database, I export the records to another html file using XSLT as well. The XSLT file of the second database has a

<xsl:copy-of select="document('notes.html') /> Where notes.html file is the html file generated from the XSLT of the first database.

For some freaking reason, there are times when the notes.html appear in the resulting html file of the second database and in some cases it doesn't. I can't seem to figure out what is causing this irregularity.

With just a plain html file not created by an export using XSLT, just static html file, it always appears.

What am I missing here. I have been at this problem for 3 hours now and can't figure out WHY confused.gifmad.gif

3 hours for debugging XSLT is virtually no time .... ;-)

Your generated HTML is probably not valid XHTML (missing </P> tags ...) or does use strange encodings/unknown entities (&auml; &copy ...)..

xsl:copy-of needs XML files for input. you can always load files with document() into a variable, but entity restrictions still occur. To solve this, make your XSLT process the XML source for "notes.html" using the xsl:include statement for including the "notes.xsl" stylesheet.

This topic is 7571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.