option-choose

This topic is 8587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

i have a solution which hides the normal menu commands. now the 'print' command is issued with a button, but this means that selecting a fax print, which is usually accessed by holding down option when choosing print, is not available. i've heard that this can be emulated with an applescript. does anyone have such a script of know where to get one?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the apple script, but you can simply make two print scripts (one for print, one for fax).

You may want to use two buttons, or use one button, and give the user a dialog box with the option to choose between print or fax.

My answer doesn't address your question exactly, but it gives you a quick solution.

Fishma...

You've left out a very critical piece of information. Which Fax software are you using. If it is the Boca/Global Village software, it is not AppleScriptable. If it is FaxSTF, there is a piece of software put of by Data Designs called Fax Tool. See http://www.datadesigns.com/. For really high power faxing, multiple lines there is the 4-Sight Fax package and a piece of middleware for applescript. I just got through setting one up for a client. -bd

This topic is 8587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.