Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Passwords & Hidden Files

This topic is 8570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a 5 file relational db with all 5 opening to the same password. I assumed if I had the main file open all the others, hidden, I would only have to enter the password once.

I could even swear I've done this successfully in the past but it must have been by accident because I can't remember how. Is there a specific order for script steps to open related password protected files by entering the password just once? Thanks.

in the first file you open write a script

that will open your other 4 files

open ["file"]

open ["file"]

open ["file"]

open ["file"]

then you can select the order you wnat them to open in then have a button to

run the script or put the script in your start up script in preferences

I do have a script in my main file that opens, hidden, all other related files. It is designated as my startup script. That's not the problem. The problem is that every one of the files is set to open with the same password and I only want to have to type that password once - when the main file opens. Right now, as each file opens hidden I am asked to type in it's password. Can I write a script so that typing the password, just once, opens all files? If so, how? Thanks, in advance.

Under your scenario, you should only have to type in the password once on the main file. The other files should open automatically.

Double check to see that your password in all the files is the same. One character off, and your hosed. Also double check to make sure that you haven't set the open with default password in preferences, that might conflict with password from the main file.

Those are the only things I can think of that might be causing you problems.

HTH

This topic is 8570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.