Server Maintenance This Week. ×

question about best way to handle....

This topic is 7527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We run an auto auction and use fm 5.5 for the inventory and are moving to use for actual auction. What is the best way to protect the original inventory but have the sale information up date into db including sale, buyer info. we have database for customer and inventory that work indenpendently but i am concerned about have a db for the sale and having the ablility to pull the car inventory from the original db and then update the sale info back into the original db. I am willing to study info just dont know where to start. We are already running the customer to inventory just to print paperwork for dmv but wish to add the ability to register bidder (from customer db) and clerk sales (of inventory from original db) and produce receipt for customer with all cars purchased (that auction db) and update sale info in original db.. Am I out of my mind? confused.gif

It is perfectly OK for FM to do such jobs.

Are you skilled in relation database design?

If not at least 50% from top people here, hire consultant who will help you started or will do the whole solution.

You know, I know quite lot of theory about cars, but my favorite garages handle all repairs smile.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.