generating a "master playlist"

This topic is 8538 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am the music director for a small-college radio station, and we use fileMaker pro for all of our database work; for example, each DJ creates an instance of "playlist" (a pseudo-template), adds new records with the artist/song/album (text) and newMusic/request (boolean) information, and saves a copy in the "this week" folder on the desktop. Each week I need to compile a "master playlist" which contains all records from each of the playlists in "this week", and until now I've been using a somewhat primitive script which asks me to specify from which file I'd like to import records at every step. Could someone please give me a hint on what kind of script I can use in order to automate this (rather tedious) task? I can't seem to figure out how to use the "loop" step in conjunction with the "import records" step to create an effective script. Thanks for your help.

Do they name the files in "this week" with the same name every time? If not, have them do so, perhaps with their name or initials, but you need to have the name be determined.

If you can do that, then you can store the name of the file in the import script. You still won't be able to loop through the imports, and you'll need a different import script for each file (since a script can store only one import order), but then you create a master script that calls all of those import scripts.

Chuck

This topic is 8538 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.