Server Maintenance This Week. ×

output to pdf or email

Marty

This topic is 7500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In an effort to get around problems writing script to email an order from filemaker I downloaded pdf999. It creates the pdf file that I need but I am still fighting with problems and I don't kwow where to go from here. I am trying to get my runtime solution so that my clients customers can email the pdf file containing their order which was converted from filemaker. The problem is that the email script of filemaker doesn't allow them to select a different file each time so that they could name it by order date no will pdf999 allow me to overwrite the existing pdf file and resend it with new data each order.(this would be my preferred method) It either attaches the same file if I select SPECIFY or the customer will have to manually find and attach the file in their email program. It doesn't seem as though I can overwrite the pdf file with each new order and send that file. I am using windows by the way. Am I missing something? Help would be GREATLY appreciated. Marty

You have a nuber of ways to go about this. We do something similar here . We use PDF Factory by a company called fineprint www.fineprint.com This drier allows you to do the same as pdf995 except with this you can set it so it will overwrite the previous file. That will be a big help as you don not have to have the SAVE AS box pop up.

Im sure you are aware that if you have scripted a print job to PDF via filemaker the filename will be the name of the DB it is printed from. ie Database is example.fp5. When you send to pdf your pdf filename will be example.pdf.. You could then use this as your attachment as it will always be current. We have tried many pdf print drivers and we have found this to be the most reliable.

Stu

This topic is 7500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.