Using index in a find request

This topic is 8392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm working on a solution in which it is convenient to use buttons to perform a variety of finds where the index for a field serves as a menu (i.e., as a list to choose from, not as part of the menu bar). As it stands, the relevant bit of code in each script is "Enter find mode[]", "Paste from index[select, "(the approporiate field)"]", "Perform find[]". This works OK as long as the user doesn't click the Cancel button when the "View index" window opens up (this leaves him or her hanging in find mode in a layout that I don't intend users to see at all) or check/uncheck the "Show individual words" box. Is there any way to disable those features? Or better yet, to take advantage of field indexes in menus without using the "Paste from index" script step at all? I can imagine a work-around in which I would have to generate my own lists and forget the indexes, but that seems awfully cumbersome and in fact the indexes work very well for this particular purpose, apart from the problems described above.

Thanks,

Craig

This topic is 8392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.