Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Strategic Selling, forecasting, etc.

This topic is 7346 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anybody in this forum read this book about sales forecasting, single sales objective, buying influences, and other goodies? I did, and used FileMaker to create a simple relational database that covers just about everything the book talks about. Let me know if anybody is interested in sampling my humble effort to provide useful feedback for further improvements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK Guys here it is as sales.zip. Unzipping will create a folder called Sales with all database files in it. I have not locked it so you are welcome to modify and play around with it. It will be more fun reading the book first mentioned earlier. Your comments to improve the design will be welcome. Don't worry about some buttons not working. I extracted only the bare minimum files from my database.

Thanks, Gupangam. I can't wait to take a look at it. What's the title of the book you based this on? I did a similar thing with a book on non-profits and fundraising: I read it, took out all of the concepts, and built a database around them, putting empirical teeth to vague concepts, and throwing in ideas of my own based on my experience. Then I met the book's author and showed him what I did. He loved it, and now we have a joint business venture in the offing. His considerable client base became mine in an afternoon. Who knows, I could get rich. smile.gif So this model of database development from books could be the wave of the future. Good luck.

Here is some info (on the book) that I copied from Miller Heiman site

The New Strategic Selling

The new edition of this business classic confronts the rapidly evolving world of business-to-business sales with new real-world examples, new strategies for confronting competition, & a special section featuring the most commonly asked questions from the Miller Heiman workshops.

Strategic Selling

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Woah that looks way complicated, I think, I will need the book to understand this. could you exlain a little bit more?

Also, one file seems to be missing Activity_log.

Thanks

Platform: / Version:

FileMaker Version:

• 2 weeks later...

Activity_log was excluded as it did not form a part of the design but the button was left there for the time being.

Yes I suggest reading the book first, especially if you are either in sales, marketing or financial planning or manage your own business that would benefit from a 'crystal ball' that looks ahead on the potential sources of revenue and manages associated issues. The book is available in most of the libraries.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 7346 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.