Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Plug in doesn't work on XP standalone compiled app

Arny

This topic is 7429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You have the plugin located where it should be...in the system folder beneath the solution's folder. You may need to wake the plugin up by calling it to obtain its version number (on developer licenses, this is where you would generally put the dev license info). I have 3 or 4 dev licenses and they all work from a kiosk without any problems.

Steve

• 2 months later...

thanks for all the info to date. I have used the Crypto plug-in within a script as you suggested and 'all is well with the world' . . I have successfully created the kiosk version of the application but the Crypto plug-in fails to transfer across to the final compiled solution. I have placed the plug-in at all 'levels' in the file hierarchy but to no avail. I can find no information that suggests this is a purchase plug-in that won't operate in a standalone mode, so I'm perplexed. I'll keep trying different options but any further advice is appreciated.

I use it in a complied kiosk all the time. All of the plugins that you use need to be put in to a System folder as a sub-folder beneath your solution. This particular plugin does require that you call it to obtain it version # before you call it to encrpt anything: External("crypt-Version","")

It will return "Crypto Toolbox 1.0v1"

If you are planning to use more than 1 plugin, consider putting them in a script and having them all return version numbers.

Steve

This topic is 7429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.