Find on a GetSummary Calc

This topic is 7386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to perform a find on a calc field that uses the GetSummary function? I'm not getting it to work, and I'm wondering if that's because the sort order isn't retained in find mode. (Is the sort order retained in find mode?) Or have I just screwed up something else?

The found set is sorted properly when I arrive at the layout, and cDonorTotals is displaying the correct information. Then:

Enter Find Mode []

Insert Calculated Result [select, 'cDonorTotals', ' ">="&gMinDonationThreshold '] {where gMinDonationThreshold is a number}

Perform Find [Constrain Found Set] {restore find request is unchecked}

It always returns an empty set. I've tried it with a NumToText function on the gMinDonationThreshold as well, but no luck.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Once you enter Find Mode, you lose your sort (also your previous found set), so any GetSummary calc field will always be empty at that time. I have a similar situation. My workaround is to build into the script a find and sort that will populate the GetSummary fields, then a replace-with-calc to dump the GetSummary fields into a regular (non-calculation) number field. Further operations on this value would then operate on the new number field.

Steve Brown

This topic is 7386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.