This should be easy I think

This topic is 7372 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope someone can help me here. I have been stuck on this for so long I just can't think straight.

I want to set a global date field in a file by clicking on a day on a calendar file (the files are attached). I can work it for one date field in the file by scripting the calendar, but I want to use it on various date fields throughout a solution and I'm sure (I think!) that I should be able to leave the calendar file fairly well unchanged but vary the scripts in my other files as necessary to populate different date fields. I can open the calendar and can get whatever the currently set date is from the calendar but I can't work out how to pause the script from the file while I click the calendar date, other than by scripting the calendar.

Basically I have given up as my brain hurts and now I can't even spell my own name. The scripts in the files are only half done as I gave up! If someone could take a look at the files and see if it should be easy to do I'd be very grateful.

Cheers, Murray

GetDate.zip

How I have seen this done and have done it in my solutions is to have an "Entrance Routine" and an "Exit Routine" in the calendar file. The entrance routine basically sets a flag to indicate where the calendar was called from. Then pick your date as normal. Then run the exit routine, which will fill in the date as appropriate to where the routine was called from.

Thanks Kurt,

I think it works fine now. I created a global field in the calendar to "catch" the ID of the script that calls it, and then revised the "My Action" script in the calendar file to perform external scripts (back in the original file) depending on the ID of the script that called it.

I thought I would repost the "fixed" files in case anyone (inexperienced users like myself) is interested as it can be a timesaver in some situations.

Cheers, Murray

GetDate2.zip

This topic is 7372 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.