Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FREEZE A RECORD FROM FURTHER MODIFICATIONS??

This topic is 7410 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, and thanks for your help!!

I am developing a POS system for my store, and I want to be able to have a shop keeper make an invoice for each customer, and then once they pay for the inovice and all is finalized, make a script that tells the record to be frozen from any modifications ever in the future...

This is a fraud protection device that I really need, because if i do not do this, anyone could just change the invoices at any time and i could have some real problems with tax and such in the future...

any ideas??

thanks

ami

If you are using Filemaker 6, then you can use Record Level Access privledges to only allow editing of the record when certain conditions are met or not met. For instance, editing allowed only when invoice total <> payment total.

If using Filemaker 3,4 or 5, then you need to do this yourself. The way I have done this in the past is to have a seperate browsing and editing layout. They look exactly the same, but in one the fields are locked and in the other they are open. Use a script to control navigation, and a flag field to indicate whether editing is allowed on that record.

This topic is 7410 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.