Creating HTML Pages with grouped results

This topic is 8443 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks, but what I'm looking to do is more complex than exporting a basic table. I need to create an HTML page that is a list of records broken into groups by a specific field that includes the break field as a heading for each group. Like creating a grouped report with a subsummary field as a heading. Unless you're telling me that the HTML export function can do this automatically?

[This message has been edited by kgbarry (edited March 06, 2001).]

I'm pretty new to FileMaker and to ScriptMaker. I found an article on the FM web site (http://www.filemaker.com/articles/f_smith_0619200.html) that was very useful. I would like to know if there is a way to modify this script to produce results that are grouped by a certain field.

Basically, the script creates an entire web page by looping through each record and concatenating field values with other string literals (HTML), then storing the results in one global field. I'd like to know if there is some way to have the results grouped by a certain field, similar to creating a grouped report.

Any suggestions? Basically, I'm trying to create an HTML table that resembles the one on the following page: http://www.wilmcoll.edu/deptlist.html

create a global text field, e.g. "temp"

while looping through your records, you can store the value of the sorting field to temp. When you are looping to the next record and the sorting field is not equal to the temp field, then you can add special html code to your global html-field.

Note: global fields can only store 32KB Text. So if your webpage will become heavy, you have another problem.... (...that I solved with Troi's File-Plugin)

This topic is 8443 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.