Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Not all records in Preview are Printed

allanc

This topic is 7359 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've been checking some posts and not sure if somebody had encountered exact problem i have right now. I am using a Tally line printer over the network. I have successfully used emulation to print in dot matrix font format that i wanted. But when i tried printing actual records i encountered this problem:

In preview mode, i have several records shown in List in each page (i'm using 13.2x11 inch tractor feed papers). But in actual printout, not all records will fit in each page (as shown in each page of preview). Worse is, these remaining lines of records that do not fit in each printed page are skipped. The next page will start printing the first record of the next page (as shown in preview). And this goes on in all pages.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Allanc:

Tractor & line printers have a tendency to not print to the same dimensions shown in preview mode. It has been the experience of many here on the forums (or at least those of us who have dealt with line and tractor) that the only way to get the printouts looking right is to experiment. It seems that different line printers scale vertically differently, and the only way to solve the issue is to fiddle with the layouts until the printout looks like what you want. In the end, you care more about the printout than the preview, so you'll have to get used to the fact that the preview is "wrong."

-Stanley

• 4 weeks later...

stanley,

you are absolutely right. i did a lot of experiment and found out that i need to insert more line feed at the end of each page to come up with the right output. of course, i have to go thru a lot of trial & error smile.gif

many thanks.

This topic is 7359 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.