Server Maintenance This Week. ×

title header and header printing

transit

This topic is 7392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

I have a database with both a title header and a header part

when i have a record that requires a two page or more printout things work fine,but if the record is only a single page the printer wil print out the second page with only the header and footer on and a blank body.

Is there any way in which i can automate the printingso that it will not print the second blank page if there is no information to go in the body .

many thanks

I've just been designing some stuff for a client and encountered the same problem. To alleviate it, I made a single-page layout (just title header, no header) and scripted the printing process to go to that layout first, go to the last page, and if the last page is >1, go to the other layout (with both title header and header) and print, otherwise print the single page version...

-Stanley

One of the traps that I've found with Title Header and Title Footer is that the Title Header only prints on the first page of the current print job.

To explain: if there are ten records in the current found set and each record prints two pages, the Title Header appears only on the first page of the first record, the normal Header goes on the other pages of the nine records. At least with FMP 6.0v4.

If you want to have the title Header printing on the first page of each record (in my case it was a letterhead in the Title header) then you need to print one record at a time ie, 10 print jobs for 10 records. It's reasonably easy to script.

thanks guys

I like you idea Stanley and it works fine for me.

I only do single print jobs but I understand what you mean Vaughan.

If a field is going to be split across a page break is there a way to automate it to go onto the next page ?

thanks

This topic is 7392 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.