Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Changing Values

Mark Appleby

This topic is 7389 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having an odd problem. I have a style screen on my inventory database, on it is a field SupplierID which is created using a value list. My problem is that when I switch on in the morning the first thing I see is this style with the wrong supplier ID showing up. I do what most people do at this point and correct the value to what it should be but then when I go out to the main menu and return the value has changed back to the wrong value!?!

I can not understand this as there is a lookup al right for this field but that can not be making this error. I just do not understand.

I look forward to your replies.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Sounds like how a Global field acts in a served environment to me.

If so, that is normal behavior for a global field. Global fields become local in a served environment.

HTH

Lee

Thanks For getting back to me Lee. but this is not a Global field. It is a text field. Although It is a lookUp Field But this is not a New record. It is the Same record that is changing. As you can imagine this is very disconcerting as when I find a changed value I worry that there will be others that I do not see, there are over 12000 records in this file, It would be a bit of a problem to put it mildly if the field values were to change willy nilly!

This topic is 7389 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.