Server Maintenance This Week. ×

problem with date formats in range searches

This topic is 7373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Greetings,

Would you know why in FM5.5Mac under OS9 I'd be having the error message "The date in this field must be a valid date..." when thru a script I set the Date field to let's say "2004/01/01...2004/01/31" knowing that in all the other reports I'm producing uses this same date string. Up to now, 11 reports out of 15 works fine. I've been checking the DATE FORMAT of the searched related field which is at "Leave date formated as entered" which should then use the system predetermined format.

I've been looking around for a clue. I hope you're gonna tell me to simply check my things out on this, I've been trying to fix that solution made by someone else (who simply disappeared) a long time ago and I suspect that I am living with a heritage of small bugs maybe from prior versions and misprogramming, I don't know! But my users are getting annoyed over this!

Any help or clues?

Thanks all! smile.gif

• Newbies

Thanks Ugo,

I've looked to find out that in fact they didn't even use the "Set field" function but instead a Copy/Paste from a Global field set to contain the desired range for all reports. So in this global field they have "2004/01/01...2001/01/31" and Copy/Paste this thru a script in the Date field under a find request, it's at that point under perform find that the error occurs.

It seems pretty basic, just as if the actual request was simply typed in. It really seems as an issue with "Formats".

Ben,

And if the actual request were typed in, what is the result? I wouldn't think a descending range would work. Try setting the global's values in reverse, 2001/01/31...2004/01/01. You shouldn't need to Copy/Paste it either, just Insert Calculated Result [datefield, global].

This topic is 7373 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.