Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Crystal Reports & FileMaker... Not Good

Ted S

This topic is 7238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

A few weeks ago I created an ODBC connection to see how easy it was to pull data from FileMaker into Crystal Reports. The good news is it was pretty easy. The bad news is it is really slow. No surprise here for most of you folks I imagine.

Long story made short; it was so slow that I gave up the idea of connecting the two and deleted my System DSN. I should probably mention that I'm running on Windows XP.

With that background now to my real problem; every time I create a new non-FileMaker (Oracle) based report in Crystal it now takes a long time to to get to the table linking screen after the tables have been added. Before I installed the FileMaker driver it would take maybe a second for the screen to come up. Now its taking about 2 minutes to come up.

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this one?

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

Your post states that pulling data from FileMaker into Crystal Reports is pretty easy, but I am having problem to get the data remotely. Do you have successful experience on doing that? If so, please help. Here is my question posted on the forum:

I am having difficult time trying to figure out how to use Crystal Reports 8.0 to remotely retrieve the data from FileMaker Pro 6 database. I have both Crystal Reports and FileMaker Pro 6.0 installed on my machine. Our FileMaker Pro databases are stored on Mac server with FileMaker Server 5.0. I have checked all the databases had

• 4 weeks later...

The FMP database needs to be open somewhere. Whether it is on your machine or on another machine. You cannot go against FM Server with Crystal Reports. With FM Server 7 advanced, you will be able to go against the server directly without the middle "man".

HTH

John

This topic is 7238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.