Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Perform Find On Portal [NeWbiE Q]

Purdy

This topic is 7366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All, I have spent a while trying to solve this question on the forum before asking this of you !

I have created 4 files. Invoice + Customers + Items + Ordered. The invoice file is the control file in this instance which presents the other 3 files as portals. They exchange data AOK,,,,whooopeee ;-)

2 Of the portals have a script attached to pull of records and enter them in the invoice file. The customer file has in excess of 2000 records and displays 6 rows in the portal. I wish to search the portal by name or part of name but due to the attached script I am unable to enter data in the portal row whilst in find mode.

I have made several perhaps clumsy attempts at scripts which hang. I have tried to add another field in the master file for the user to enter their search citeria and then a script which copies the user data, places it in the portal and performs a find.I may not be taking the right approach, help !

Guidence appreciated

Purdy blush.gif

Purdy said:

I wish to search the portal by name or part of name but due to the attached script I am unable to enter data in the portal row whilst in find mode.

Purdy blush.gif

You can check for the mode (find, browse, layout, preview) in your script. Basically you want the script to execute when not in Find mode, otherwise allow entry to the field.

I don't remember which mode is Find (but no doubt, someone else does and will speak up soon enough), but put this in your script:

If

Status(CurrentMode)<>whatever Find mode is

Your script steps

Else

Go To Field (which ever one you clicked on)

Now it may be the case that you have one button for the entire row, if you do, you'll need to change that to several buttons (depending on how many fields you want to allow your user to search).

This topic is 7366 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.