This topic is 8396 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have very little time left to complete a project. I am new to FileMaker and I apologize for posting a possible novice question. I have just started using FileMaker5 on a Mac about a month ago and have found my way around. I do have experience in creating databases with SQL. However, I am stuck. I need to create a report that when a field it is querying is empty, it will not print out that record to screen. It will only print out records with data in the field. I used the Report Wizard thing to create this report so I could include totals.

Here is what I have:

Go to Layout ["Report"]

Sort [Restore, No dialog]

If ["IsEmpty(date_completed)"]

Omit Record

End If

Enter Preview Mode [Pause]

Go to Layout ["Management"]

Enter Browse Mode[]

I know this must be a very novice question and again I apologize but any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may be confusing a sort for a search. Try this.

Do a find, and type an equal sign in the field for which you are searching for no data. Click on the box "Omit" in the find dialog box. Then, in your script, before the Sort step, set a Find, and restore find request. (Get rid of the If/Omit/End If sequence, as it is unnecessary and does nothing in your script currently unless the first record has a blank field.) Your script will now search for and omit records with the empty field.

[ April 27, 2001: Message edited by: Moon Mullins ]

This topic is 8396 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.