Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Novice, I need help creating a running date list

This topic is 7345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to create a list that keeps a list of dates and intitials in a vertical column. I need to be able to create a button and a script I guess, that will cause todays date to be automatically entered at the top of the list , moving the rest of the list down one row automatically. I want to keep all of the dates at least 50 or 60 rows down. When the rows are completely filled with dates, I want the bottom date to disappear as new dates at the top are added. I want the button designed for each individual staff member so when they click their button, it will not only add the date at the top of the list, but their respective initials as well. I am a filemaker novice so I do not know if this is possible, but if it is I would love some help creating it. I want to be able to sort the list according to the date at the top of the list, which would be the most recent date. Please any help is appreciated. I will be away from my computer until Monday, 3-22-04 so if you reply and have any questions about what I need, I cannot get back with you until then. The list below is how the list would appear, with dates in reverse order, the most recent being first.

Thank You

Sister Mitzi

Version: v4.x

Platform: Mac OS 9 [color:"red"]

• 3-15-2004 MI
  • 3-07-04 TN

• 3-2-2004 CL
  • 2-25-2004 PG

This should be doable. Assume a field Initial that has the user initials, a field This_Date that is date to be used, and a field List which is the result you want.

A script would look something like this:

# Check for initials

If[ IsEmpty (Initials)]

Show message [Enter your initials, OK]

Else

If[ IsEmpty (List)]

Set Field[ List, DateToText(Status(CurrentDate)) & " " & Initials

Else

Set Field[ ThisDate, Status(CurrentDate)

If[ DateToText(ThisDate) = Left(List, Length(DateToText(ThisDate))

Show message [This date has been entered, OK]

Else

Set Field[ List, DateToText(ThisDate)) & " " & Initials & "

This topic is 7345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.