Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 7344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can I get some recommendations as per what plugins are out there for menu creation (or control) I would like to create a custom business solution. creative and functional menu system is what i'm looking for. thank you in advance.

Version: v5.x

Platform: Windows XP

I use Dacons MenuControl. I love it, but it has two minor shortcomings: It can't directly handle value lists and it doesn't seem to allow me to restore the tool bars when I switch to the default FM menu bar. Its very to use with its MenuComposer tool. Nevertheless, you can easily make a menu bar that looks nothing like FM. Carefully evaluate what features you want, since Secure FM and MenuControl are totally incompatibile.

Steve,

Not to be ignorant... but how do you mean "restore" the toolbars when you switch to the default FM menu bar. I am not familiar with the plug in (too much) and thank you for pointing out the limitations (this is very helpful!)

Cheers!

Version: v5.x

Platform: Windows XP

I turn the FM Toolbars (Standard, Text Formatting, Arrange, etc.) off when I turn my own menus on. The bug is that at least on Windows XP you can't turn the toolbars back on. They are on the View Menu -> Toolbars, but I can't make them visible. You can reference anything you need from the default FM Menus. It is a bit of a pain, but not terrible. I just downloaded the latest version, which may fix the problem. Even with this, it will completely change what your app looks like. Altho I haven't used Secure FM in awhile, I remember that it takes stuff off the FM Menu Bar and the context menu (on Windows).

The plugin is definitely worth the money. While I simulated my own menus in a kiosk, I think you are better off with a runtime using MenuControl (which won't work in a kiosk by the way).

Steve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.