Value List in Calc

This topic is 7322 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know there has to be a way to do this, but this is the first I've tried, to use memebers of a value list in a calc.

for instance (if(X is a member of value list A, "it is a memeber", "it is not a member")

Any one know?

Version: v5.x

Platform: Windows XP

Yes, but it depends on how complicated your structure is as to whether it will be difficult to implement.

Most importantly, is value list A based on a field or is it a static list?

It is based on a field. Currently a separate file. Let me start at the beginning.

I am working on our UPS bill, and I have different departments to charge off to. Those are the different Value List. I put Companmy name and name together, to prevent duplications, and then that field becomes the basis of the value list. I import all the different ones, into different files currently, but am thinking of just makinf fields in the main file, it would be less complicated. Like we worked omn before, if it is a memeber of what ever value list, then "it is a member", or I'' just put the name of the value list. I want to keep that value list growing, so that I have less and less work to do.

I looked around in the calcaltions, and just could not find the right function to use.

Slaesman

This topic is 7322 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.