Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Paste layout objects from 6 to 7

This topic is 7337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have some older dbs that I don't want to convert to 7, but instead rewrite them. But I like their layouts. But when I Select > All (and copy) and try to paste into 7, they become graphics instead of layout objects. Must I convert them to use their layout stuff? I have nice icons I'd like to grab.

Linda

Version: Developer v7

Platform: Windows XP

Thanks so much to all of you for your help. Copy/paste from 6 to 7 doesn't work - it pastes them only as graphic. But Aussie John, when I converted them first, it worked. smile.gif

One problem in 7 I notice - and I apologize if it's being discussed. I currently only have laptop in hotel and can only access & research about half hour a day - so I'm missing important stuff on this forum but here's my question ...

I use containers to hold my background color. After converting to 7, all the backgrounds are white on the left side and bottom. It's as if it doesn't fill the container field entirely. No graphics setting I try fixes the problem. It looks terrible. Is there a solution yet? I tried re-copying and pasting into the container fields but it doesn't solve it. I wanted to present a demo this week and would like the containers to display properly. I sure love the new 7!!!!! Except for this weird graphics thing. Help please?

Linda Gent

This topic is 7337 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.