Print only prints the first record

Dimwhit

This topic is 7331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So I have a script to generate a PDF of a particular layout. And I need to print it for multiple records. However, regardless of how many records are currently found in a set, and no matter which record I am currently viewing, only the first record prints. Each time I try, the same records prints. I tried printing manually (File>Print>etc), but I get the same result. Any ideas?

Version: v6.x

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

First thing to look at is the print dialog. Is "Records Being Browsed" selected? The usual cause of this symptom is selecting "Current Record". To access these choices you'll need to change to dropdown menu from "Copies and Pages" to "FileMaker Pro".

-bd

OK, you were right there. That was my primary problem. However, now I need to figure out how to get the print script to make that selection. It still defaults to printing the same record. Any idea how to fix that?

This is one of those goofy areas of FM. FM uses the Page Setup (restore) script step to remember the setting in place when the script was created. Make sure this step is in your script. After you have printed successfully, open your script, close the script and upon exit you will be presented with a dialog asking if you want to keep or replace the Page Setup (and other things). Click on the "Replace" for page setup and the multipage printing will be remembered by the script.

-bd

This topic is 7331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.