Accessing Relationship Info from Join - w/a Twist!

MMBadger

This topic is 7325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 3 DBs: A is Attendees, B is Activities, and C is an Attendee/Activity Join that allows me to see which activities an attendee has chosen and vice versa. I had to do a strange workaround in A (Attendees) because some of the overall attendees are actually guests of the primary attendees (i.e. someone brings their wife and children on a trip) - in essence, I use a script to tag the "Guest" record with the unique record ID of the primary attendee, allowing me to establish a relationship that shows each guest of attendee x, while still having a complete record for each individual in one file.

My problem: both attendees and their guests participate in a number of activities (held in C). I would like to be able to print/export, etc., the Primary Attendee name, list all of his or her activities, and then print all of his or her Guest's names (same file relationship) with their activities (stored in the join file!) on the same form. I can't seem to figure out the way to do it, though my sense is that a simple solution would be to upgrade to 7...any other suggestions?

Version: v6.x

Platform: Windows 2000

You can do it using summary parts in the join file. Your join file will need to have lookup or calculation fields to pull Primary Attendee and Guest names from Attendee.

See sample.

Version: Developer v6

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

Attendee.zip

This topic is 7325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.