Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Container Graphic, 1 Pixel, Windows Bug?

This topic is 7264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a container, with a 1 pixel graphic file in it, enlarging unproportionatly to fill the box, basically to create blocks of color in our layouts. Using this so that we can create custom color schemes on layouts very simplay. We just have records in a color file with different color 1 pixel graphics inserted into the container fields. Anyways, works like a champ in OSX, but when we go to Windows the container doesn't show a solid block of color, it shows a gradient. With a 1 pixel source image it shows a perfect gradient. With a 2x2 (4 pixel) graphic it seems to show a box in the upper left hand corner (haven't measured it yet, but probably atleast 16X16) that is solid, and then the rest of the container shows a gradient from there. From those results, I am assuming if I insert a 32x32 graphic that Windows will almost always show me a solid box, but I really shouldn't have to. Does anyone know why the 1 pixel graphic would create a gradient?

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

I've had the same problem with background containers. I finally pasted a huge (1002 x 630 px) graphic into the container - the final size it will need to be, and it FINALLY filled the entire field. I gradually increased its size to find the smallest size required. It still leaves a hairline 1 px whitespace on the left and bottom but it's not noticeable upon quick inspection. I am hoping this issue will be resolved and we can re-paste smaller color swatches down the road.

No, it shouldn't be necessary to paste large swatches when reduce/enlarge (and do not maintain proportion) is selected. I trust that FM will fix it for us. smile.gif

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Windows XP

If all you want is a solid color for a container, you can do it within FileMaker without using external swatches.

In Layout mode, create a rectangle (any size) and set the fill and border colors to the exact same color you want (you can also set the border to transparent and ignore its color). With the rectangle selected: Copy. Now go into Browse mode and click on the container field, and Paste. (the container field must allow entry for the paste to work, you can turn entry off after the Paste). Set the container's Format->Graphic... to "Reduce or enlarge image to fit frame." so it will properly fill any size you adjust the container and it's duplicates to. Voila!

I assumed that's how he was going it - that's what I do - and it still will not totally fill the container box unless I make it very large. It's certainly not like the old days when I pasted a tiny rectangle, that's for sure. crazy.gif

Now, a tiny rectangle pasted into a container and that container displayed across the entire page loses the color on the right and bottom edges. Only by pasting a very LARGE swatch will fill it, even with reduce/enlarge selected.

• 1 month later...

I was actually bringing in an external 1px graphic, but it shouldn't really matter. The issue is that in Windows it does not work properly. In OSX it works just dandy. In Windows it will create a gradient at a certain point, instead of just filling with that solid color. Getting so f00king tired of these windows boxes.

• 3 weeks later...

open your 1 pixel image in Adobe Photoshop:

-Select All --> Copy

- go to FM container in Browse mode and paste it.

2x2 px seems to work 100%

win200 Pro and FM 7 pro...Ugo used to have a good signature that applies...

sample attached

frown.gif

That's it.

pixel_fill.zip

This topic is 7264 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.