Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Very slow response

stuj1026

This topic is 7061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In FM7 when formatting a field for value list , when formatted as popup list the response is extremely slow but when formatted as a pop up menu the reponse is as fast a fm6. Why the slowdown... anything to do with the anti-aliasing.. Anyone else experiance this problem??

Stu

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

• 1 month later...

Hey Stu, I noticed that it takes a value list 3 to 5 seconds or more to pop up in my converted solution. I thought maybe if I moved the value list table into the file that is displaying the value list that it would improve. It didn't. Anyone have any explanation for this?

• 6 months later...

It appears to me that this is a bug in Filemaker 7.

I am using 7.0v3 and the slowness does not relate to the number of items in the list necessarily (although long lists and related value lists may be slower). I have a popup list with only one item in it and when you access the record for the first time this list pops up straight away. Subsequent selection of this pop up list gets slower and slower Actually scratch that as I am writing this I have been selecting the list on my PC and sometimes its quick and sometimes slow. I can't seem to establish a pattern.

This problem appears to occur mainly on Windows as the same file running locally on a Mac OSX is considerably faster but still slower that its predecessor in FM6.

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 7061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.