Field showing total records

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All,

Here's my problem...

I use filemaker to manage account details for an online course we run and I having been giving stats to my employer each month e.g. total tutors in the northumberland area, total students in the yorkshire area etc.

I have been keeping a note manually so far, but wish to automate the process in filemaker since all the details are kept there it makes sense.

I have a new layout set up for these stats and want a field that displays the total number of records whose 'location' field = northumberland and 'type' = tutor.

If I get that bit working then I should be able to change it for each different area and account type.

Thanks in advance.

James.

P.S I have attatched a sample file showing my set up - maybe it will help show what I want to do?!

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Mac OS X Panther

mydatabase.zip

Welcome James,

I think you should look at using a Count field (Summary) on a list layout with summary parts. Create a Subsummary by Area and a Sub-summary by Account Type, and the counts will automatically happen when you sort and view in Preview mode. For more information, check the manual on how sub-summary parts work.

• Newbies

Hi,

I managed to get what you described workin, but it is doing what I want it to do for some reason. Can someone help me please!! Can you describe it more or do it on the example file i have gave and post that and maybe i can work it out. I'd really appreciate it.

James

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.