Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Going from FM6 to FM 6 Unlimited

This topic is 7327 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

This may sound like a stupid question, but I need some expertise to explain it to me...I have been using Filemaker 6 to build some databases and I also created some CDML pages to share information out on the web. Fortunately, or not so fortunately, we have been exceeding the user limit A LOT lately. We have the databases and web pages sitting in the web folder, on a PC running XP Professional. I have been tossing around the idea of getting Unlimited to take care of the user limit issue. I know that Unlimited is being discontinued soon, but it will be a much cheaper solution than going for the Filemaker 7.0 advanced server. The main purpose of these databases is so that they can be accessed through the Internet, and right now I need to allow more users to get there....This is my question, before I choose to go this route...will everything be set up with Unlimited just as it is with Filemaker 6? Will I be able to simply load the Filemaker Unlimited on a PC running XP Professional, move the database and web pages into a web folder there and be good to go? Are there any other "connector pieces" that are needed? Are there other things I should be aware of that might be a problem? Any advice would be appreciated!

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows XP

• Newbies

thanks for your reply, so in essence, Unlimited will run on the PC the same way Filemaker 6 did, and the files are in a web folder just like Filemaker 6? I was concerned that I would purchase Unlimited, and then find it wouldn't work on a simple PC running XP....and Unlimited should definately solve the user limit problem, correct?

This topic is 7327 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.