Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple print jobs within same data base

Paul Espinoza

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In an attempt to print two different reports, one in portrait and the other in landscape, which ever print job I run first, that is what is used for the next print job regardless if it is in the other print format. Is there any way to keep the particular settings for each print job and not have to have user intervention to set style of print?

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows XP

Insert the Page Setup [ Restore ] script step into the print script (and force your users to use print scripts.) Whatever your Page Setup is when you insert the script step is what it will use for that script.

Well to make my life a lot simpler I made one report in landscape and so I would not have to redo it all I copied the report and added more and different fields, but now i need the report in a different format (landscape vs portrait). Is there a way to force with a scrip to make a report print either landscape or portrait? I have tried page setup[Restore]. Thank you

thank you for your quick response... Also sorry about the double entry..just learning now I have it. But I have one question what do you mean replace radio button for print setup...Don't I have have to define them first? or is this a different raido button...

If you already have a print, import, export, sort, or find step in an existing script, then when you re-open it and close it by clicking OK, you will be presented with a dialog box where you can Keep or Replace existing settings with ones you have recently performed by selecting the proper radio button.

Yes, or you perform the print, sort, etc. before creating those steps in a script, and they will be saved until you 'Replace' them, if that is ever necessary.

This topic is 7316 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.