Field Needed that shows the last date entered

This topic is 7305 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is the situation... I have made a call log data base using a portal on the lower half of the screen...when you hit new and then enter 1)date 2)company 3)subject 4)notes...the portal sorts by the company name and shows all the past enrties you have done for that company...by selecting the date you wish to see it brings up the information in the upper fields...

Here is the question. Does anyone know how I can make a feild on a different form that will show the last date entered for a company and maybe even the subject of the last date.... Very useful for a report so I can see who I have not called recently.

Thank you

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows 2000

I need a little more help...I have two data bases a child and a parent...The date is entered automaticaly when I enter a new item...so I make a relationship between parent and child (company and ?). DOes the Calc. Max function on on the child side or the parent side?

Joseph, you shouldn't need a Custom Function nor a calculation. If you want the last call log date (and subject) to appear on your Company form, just create a new identical relationship as the one your other portal is based upon. Except on this relationship, set the sort order to Date (descending). Place the call log Date and Subject on your form -- any form (in Company) -- and it will always display the last date. Be sure to select these fields based upon your newly created relationship.

Using a relationship is instant while Max() can slow you down a bit. You might want to turn off 'Allow Entry Into Field' on those two, but it's not required. smirk.gif

This topic is 7305 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.