Scripting a Filemaker FIND?

This topic is 7311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Trying some basic AppleScript writing to tutor myself, and have run across the following problem while trying to script Filemaker Pro v7:

This works fine:

show (every record whose cell "Manfr" is equal to "Apple")

But I have fallen at the syntax to do the same with multiple criteria ("Apple and Compaq", "A or B") across a single field (or multiple criteria across multiple fields for that matter). Just a syntax problem I assume, but Scriptor is not big on helpful error messages.

Also, can't for the life of me get the show every record command to SHOW ALL, simply shows all in current Found set?

Newbie questions I know

there some things that are probably better done in Filemaker's scriptmaker and find is one of those.

In my opinion if the information you need is within Filemaker you probably dont need to go outside to get it. If you want to manipulate files- change their name- etc apple script is the way to go.

the apple discussion pages are good for applescipt info

http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?13@@.ee6b280

also for extra resourses

http://www.apple.com/applescript/resources/

Applescript support in Filemaker 7 is improved, and it can be really useful for performing and storing queries. You will need to add a table reference. Here is an example that works if you are looking at the Contact List layout of the Business Tracker example file:

tell application "FileMaker Pro"

tell database 1

show (every record of table "Contact" whose (cell "Title" = "Manager") or (cell "Company::Name" contains "The"))

end tell

end tell

This topic is 7311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.