Changing Field Color Depent on input

This topic is 7283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can anyone help me. I am trying to figure out how I can change the field color or text color of a particular cell depent on what is entered. ie. If "No" is selected from a pull down can it be red...or "Yes" is selected can it be blue? ???

FileMaker Version: 6

Platform: Windows 2000

Joseph,

Do you want the text to 'appear' to change color to Users? I'll assume you don't need to actually change the data's text color. You can stack a calculation over the top of your VL (Value List) popup and your text will change colors once a User exits the popup. Here's one way:

Create a calculation (text) with: Case( VLField = "No", "No" )

Change your existing VL field to Format > Text Color and blue text. Copy it and paste it on the layout again. Double-click this copy to bring up Specify Field and change it to this newly created calculation. This ensures that the two fields are identical in field size and font.

On calc field, select/right-click to go to Field Format. Remove the popup selection and unclick 'Allow Entry Into Field.' Also on calc field, select/right-click again and set Fill Pattern and Pen Pattern to transparent (top left box). Then change Format > Text Color to red.

Hold down Shift and select both fields to stack them. Because the copy was created last, it should stay on top when you then Arrange > Set Alignment and set Center-To-Center. To make moving them easier, select Arrange > Group while both fields are still selected.

You can change backgrounds also via global container but red and blue mixed backgrounds would look a bit wierd. If you need to change the text itself, let us know. smile.gif

This topic is 7283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.