simple MOVE script

This topic is 7342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am wondering if anyone out there could help me out on building a simple script. I don't know too much about scripting so hold tight.

I am printing a PS file over the network into a folder on a server. I need a script that automatically takes any file that appears in that folder and moves it to the printer's RIP folder. Only the drop boxes are shared on our network, so I can't directly print to the RIP folder. And I don't want have the RIP folder shared in our network

I will list exact folder paths to make it easier.

I need any files that get added to

server/users/filserver/public/drop box/lop file server/to print

and move it to

server/applications/hp designjet 20ps RIP/jobs/hp designjet 20ps

To avoid any errors from duplicate named files appearing in the RIPs folder..... i was thinking you could (if you are feeling extra nice) script it to trash the file after it is printed in the RIP..

OR

add a suffix to the end of the file name (.a, .b, .c etc)

Though either of these extras are just icing on the cake

Platform: Mac OS X Jaguar

First of all, if the the RIP folder is not shared I don't know how you'll copy or move a file to it. Never the less...

You'll either need a plug-in to do this or Applescript. This is beyond my basic Applescript knowledge but I could guide you using a plug-in. Waves in Motion and Troi both make a plug that will handle this task.

• Newbies

Our OSX apps can print directly to the RIP folder. The OS9 can't. So what we were doing as a workaround was to print a PS file.. then drag it to the RIP folder manually on the server cpu. Only the shared folder is available via the network (which doesn't include the RIP folder). When the printer folder, including the RIP folder, is moved to the shared folder, the OSX apps don't recognise this and can't print.

So setting up a folder in the server's shared folder, which automatically moves it to the RIP folder, would be perfect.

If anyone could help... that would be awesome...

This topic is 7342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.