Is there a use for the get(Scriptname) function?

This topic is 7277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I figure there must be something cool to do this this but ... don't I already know what the name of the script I am in is? ... or does it return the parent script name so you know where you came from ... but that is what passing paramenters is for.

Anyone know a great trick for this function?

Charles

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

in the past I would use it as a variable. Same script duplicated many times w/ a different Variable. Then I would parse the script name to do thing. I just build the master script once. But as you mention now that we can use parameters I am scratching my head as to what I would use this for?

I have a file that has a number of scripts that are scheduled to run every 20 min. If I have an error I send an e-mail to myself with the scriptname in the body of the email and details about were the error occured. Helps me track down the error.

Brian

I used this in FileMaker Pro 6 in the access priviliges. e.g. Delete "by calculation".

If (patterncount(Status(currentscriptname);"DELETE"); 1 ; 0 )

So when a user is logged in, he can only delete a record by a script with "DELETE" in his name.

You can also use this in FileMaker Pro 7, but I guess that in most situations the option "run with full access privileges" will overrule this technique.

Koen

This topic is 7277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.