Changing the No records match after a Find

This topic is 8311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

If a Find is performed and no records match, you get that Cancel, Continue or Modify Find message. If you chose Cancel or Continue, ALL RECORDS are shown and the find cancelled.

Is there a way to get around the choices of Cancel or Continue, or to just to show a message saying "No Records Match, sorry!" and then go back to the records in the order they were in BEFORE the find was initiated? I know it has to do with turning the Set Error Capture on, and when the Status(CurrentCountFound)=0, setting up a message to show but I can't seem to get it to work properly. Is there some secret I need to know? Like setting the storage to Do not storeto get a field to hold the nmber in Status(CurrentCount Found). Took me forever to figure that one out! I feel like I can almost touch it! Help Please!

You're on the right track. Turn the error capture off. Before you perform the find, mark the found records and unmark the records not in the found set. After the find is performed, check the found count by using Status( CurrentFoundCount ) and if it is zero, use a separate script to find the marked records. You could also store the sort order (with another field that you fill in with an incremental number, which you then sort by to restore the sort order), store the current record (by recording the record ID, setting this to a global field and using a relationship to go to it after the find) and the current layout (by using Status( CurrentLayoutNumber ) and use these to duplicate the entire state of the database before the find was implemented.

Chuck

This topic is 8311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.