GCC Elite 12 printer issue

zumajohn

This topic is 7272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

FM Server 5.5v4 20,000+ record database. 20 networked users. Recent upgrades to eMacs (G4) from iMac (G3). Everything that used to print in OS 9 does ok Except monthly billing statements. But, they print from some computers at some locations. All locations (5) have identical GCC Elite 12 printers with latest ROM upgrades, latest drivers, etc. One office switched to an HP laser and the statements printed fine. The printer resets when the print command is issued (scripted, no user interface)--literally, watch the LCD status go from "receivng data" to blank, to "initializing" and out comes the startup page. One computer "fixed" itself after an unistall/reinstall of 6.0.4. Tried that on another and still have the printer problem. Done Disk Warrior, Tech Tool, Repair permissions, etc, etc. Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I will reply to myself and add another piece of the puzzle: Everything works fine with OSX 10.3.3, build 7F44 and Darwin Kernel 7.3.0. The machines having the printer issues are Build 7G22 and Darwin Kernel 7.3.1. I have informed Apple and GCC Printers Whatever was changed for the new 1.25 ghz eMacs has "broken" a successful print cycle.

I have a problem in printing from FMP database. It was printing fine until I tried to print a 'Blank record showing fields' in the print options. It asked me to enter a file name to which it would print rather than printing what I wanted. Since then it gives me the same window every time even if I change the option to say, 'Records being browsed', etc or try to print on any printer or Adobe pdf writer. I also have two attachments to illustrate the message I get.

Print_to_File.jpg

This topic is 7272 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.