Email scripts for PC

Bob476

This topic is 7277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have clients currently using FM 5.5 on Macs, with Scripts set up to send email through Eudora. This script includes an AppleScript step that auto-queues each email, so the user can simply go to Eudora and send all queued.

We are about to move to 5.5 on a Windows XP OS and using MS Outlook. What adjustments can I make that will allow my clients to run email scripts for 100 or more records and not require any one-by-one send action from the email software? Is it possible through Outlook or current versions of Outlook Express?

OK, 2 things I'm still having problems with:

1) I've unchecked that security feature, but I still have to go to the email client and click "Send" for each email.

2) I have Outlook Express set as the default email app, but Filemaker is still sending it to Outlook 2003. I'm fine either way, as long as I can send all without one-by-one steps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Ok i have looked at the plug in "Click Yes" I too have the same problem. In order to send an email i must save it and close the email then go back to outlook to send. I am running FMP 6 with Windows ME and usiing Outlook (not express) as my default. The script does have command lines after the email line. does that make a difference. I do not want to add the Click Yes, but does anyone have any ideas.

This topic is 7277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.