Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Navigation using Portal & Join File

kmerritt

This topic is 7268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been trying to figure out how to do the following. I have a Table of Performers linked to a Table of Shows they were in. It is a M to M since one performer can be in many shows and each show can have many performers, thus there is a join that links the two tables and contains the Performer ID & Show ID. I am trying to create the following navigation using a portal...

The user selects a show that they want to view. The found set (using a script) becomes the performers in that show. A global Variable in the Performer Table is set to the current show id.

The layout that appears is based on the Performer Table and has a portal to the right that relates the Global Show ID to the Join File ShowID.

On the left are the details for a particular performer and on the right (in the Join Portal) is a full list of the performers in the show (using a calculation field in the Join file). I want the user to be able to click a performers name on the left and go to that performers record without changing the Found Set. I have not been able to figure out how to do this.

What I thought I would be able to do is to Go To Record, using the Unique Prim ID of the Performer Table, but I can't figure out how to do this without a Find Request. If I use a Find request then I loose the Found Set. I also thought I could use GoTo Related Record, but I can't figure out how to make that work either. I may be overlooking something simple so that's why I posted it up here.

Thanks for the help.

-Kevin

This topic is 7268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.