Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Tcpip Missing from network protocols

This topic is 7035 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a windows xp machine that has lost it's tcpip network protocol in it's preferences settings within FM ver3. They can't open a database in multiuser. Other people on the same network, on differnt pc's, can but they have the tcpip protocal as an option where the problem user does not. It was working fine before. Nothing has changed on the computer. Any help is appreciated.

Edit-->Preferences--->Applications [Genral] {TCP/IP} option

if this is OK then I wold look into direction of machines TCP/IP settings and make sure that the protocl is installed. I have seen TCP/IP setting fail- when a virus is present- due to the fact that machines has been infected/turned into 1 directinal server.

HTH

take care!

• 8 months later...

I ran into the same problem and found a way to correct it. Every person using the xp computer must first log as usual. Then attempt to open up the FMP application, after they receive the message "unable to connect single user," go to the application preferences and choose the TCPIP network protocal. Once they complete this task they should exit the application and then open it up again, it should open up. Each user will only have to do this task once.

Good Luck

This topic is 7035 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.