Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Reload Page/Go to first found record

This topic is 7265 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi!

I have a web page that allows user to find certain records and then edit them. After the record is edited I use PHP script to enter data into database and return user to the "browse" screen. The problem is that the user shouldn't see the records that have been modified today. When the user returns to "browse" screen, the set of the found records is still the same as it was in the original search. However, when the user clicks "next" link, the page refreshes. For example, if the user find 7 records it shows "Found:7, Showing: 1" in the first place. When the user modifies a record, returns to that screen, and clicks "next" it shows - Found:6, showing 2. So, it shows second record but in the new found record set. One record is skipped. The user never sees the previous record unless he hits the "first" or "previous" link at the bottom of the page.

Is there any way that I can control the record being displayed before the user sees it? always display the first record? in the script?

Also if I do javascript on page load event that refreshes window - FIlemaker gives me error -4.

I am very confused and have no idea how to fix it. I will appreciate any help.

Thanks

This topic is 7265 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.