Server Maintenance This Week. ×

PHP/FileMaker 6 Pro - access from the web

This topic is 7249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a Filemaker Server 5.5 that is located on the local network. I open these databases from the computer on the local network which has DNS provided so that those databases could be accessed from the web. FM plugin is configured for port 5003. Everything is working fine. Now I am trying to use php (FX) to submit some data to FileMaker. User can browse database online via CDML - no problem. When the user modifies a record and submits, the action of the form is :"http://localhost/save_changes.php" file. It works fine on the local network. However when I am trying to submit changes from external network it says that "localhost/...." path is invalid.

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Thank's a lot for any help

Jul

Garry,

That computer is on the local network- what name should I use: local IP address or local apache server name?

How is that possible at all to access it from the external network?

Thanks for your help

Jul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Jul! I haven't done it, but I've read a little about what Garry mentions. To add on to what he and Fred said, this is what I think I remember (sound iffy enough?) about web serving from local IP addresses...

If a router/gateway has a static external IP address and provides internet connections for local IP addresses (e.g. 192.168.x.x) and you want to serve from one of those local IP addresses, you have to do as Garry mentions and redirect all web port traffic (e.g. :80 or :591) to the local server desired. I think this must be done at the router level, but not all routers are capable of doing so and I'm not sure if you have router configuration access. I like the routers that let you configure via a web browser, especially since I work primarily w/Macs.

I hope this gets you a step closer to what you want...

--ST

This topic is 7249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.