GoToRelatedRecords unknown

This topic is 7257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In FM7 clicking on a button in a portal performs a script where I want to Freeze Window then go to a related record in another file. The record actually being the one I'm clicking. But while in scriptmaker I insert GoToRelatedRecords, the right table and layout shows up for selection, however when I OK the input in script shows relation "unknown". I cannot check for the external layout 'cause it makes a new window pop up.

Thanks! Looked like a bug yes, but do you have a workaround. What I want is to have two portals, the one I click has a list of the records in which I want to click. The second portal is going to have a new record created and values shall be looked up from the one I clicked. The latter as mentioned before being on another file.

I haven't have any problems with it not working. The script text is the only problem.

Unless you are using a self relationship for the first portal you are going to be in a different layout and table. In either case I would use a global to store the serial number of the related record. Then call a script in the other file that would go to correct layout and table, create a new record, set a field to the global serial. This should trigger the lookups. Return to the original layout.

This topic is 7257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.